Friday 5 April 2019

Hello World (again)!


This week marks the end of the Blogging course I have been taking, and I feel I have several reasons to celebrate:

1. I still have not given up on blogging about life and work or a combination thereof.
2. During the five weeks of the course I had to travel to five countries for work, but I persevered.
3. The completion of the course feels like a different kind of takeoff amidst all kinds of turbulence and delays.

Beyond that, the most important reason for me to celebrate is how much I learned about blogging, mostly about finding my voice and considering my communities as interlocutors in an extra-ordinary conversation that takes place at different times and different places in cyberspace. Sometimes you don't just leave something there. Your voice is an opinion, an angle, a perspective, an invitation of sorts. The other is out there and the other is you.

That was the very personal takeaway, but on the more practical level the course developed my understanding of how I can make my voice more visible and more accessible to my communities. Sharing my work with teachers, making that visible and accessible to my communities is the least I can do to justify the privilege of such work.

If you are reading between the lines, yes, I am determined to resume blogging about the slings and arrows of education and the peregrinations of a teacher turned Don Quixote. Who knows? Maybe there will even be some crowdfunding involved in this one day. Or some Ko-fi. Or maybe I will find my Sancho Panza. The dream may be impossible, but blogging isn't.

Thank you, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment